Characteristic of program STEREO
The STEREO programme of the STORM association deals with primary prevention in primary and secondary schools by means of interactive group work and applying the philosophy of harm/risk reduction.
The programme workers bring to schools new pieces of information and knowledge about drugs and risk behaviour (human trafficking, bullying, discrimination, etc.). With their interventions, they try to correct misunderstandings and debunk myths which are still present in both students and educators. At the same time, they encourage young people to behave responsibly and think critically in crucial moments in life.
Every preventive meeting has a defined structure. Workers work following a drawn up manual containing the summary of activities for individual topics. Activities are modified according to students’ needs. Preventive meetings have duration of two classes (90 minutes).
Prevention is done by a fixed pair of trained workers always with the same class. In case of need and interest, students may contact workers and ask for individual help or counseling.
Topics discussed include alcohol, cigarettes, hallucinogens, depressants, safe internet use, racism, bullying, human trafficking, HIV/AIDS...
It is also possible to contact the association and organize a one-off activity in schools.
If interested, please contact us at email@example.com
Goals and tasks
- To work with students on strengthening the prevention and participate in the search for alternative ways of problem solving and for right decisions.
- To create a safe, supporting room for carrying out preventive activities in groups and with an accepting attitude.
- To work with primary and secondary school students by means of group work in an interactive form based on the philosophy of harm/risk reduction.
- To debunk myths and stereotypes while offering truthful information to students and educators.
- To enable students to create their views and opinions that they need to stay away from addictions and risk behaviour.
- preventive work in groups focusing on interaction with pupils and students
- individual counseling and support in difficult situations for pupils and students
- social counseling for educators or, possibly, relatives of pupils and students
- elementary and secondary school students
- expert and lay public
- Primary School and Kindergarten Dvorníky 149
- Primary School and Kindergarten Vištuk
- Piarist Grammar School of St. J. Kalazanský Nitra
- Vocational secondary school, Levická 40, Nitra
- Vocational secondary school of electrical engineering, Ul. 1. mája 500, Vráble
- Veterinary secondary school Nitra, Drážovská 14, Nitra
- Secondary technical school of constructions Nitra, Cabajská 4, Nitra
- Primary school Benkova, Benkova 34, Nitra
- The Faculty of Health and Social Work of Trnava University, Trnava
- Primary School and Kindergarten, Šoporňa
- Primary school Nábrežie mládeže 5, Nitra
- Primary school Fatranská 14, Nitra
- Primary school Škultétyho ul., Nitra
- Grammar School Párovská 1, Nitra
- Primary School and Kindergarten, Sasinkova 3 Lužianky
- Grammar School, Školská 26, Vráble
- Primary school Zbehy 661, Zbehy
- Private secondary polytechnic school DSA, Novozámocká 220, Nitra